In our last blog, we discussed living with pain. As we get older, we expect discomfort. However, that doesn’t mean you have to accept pain. Pain is your body’s way of telling you that something is wrong, and if you accept too much of it, you are risking serious damage. The best thing you can do is inform yourself about your body with the help of a professional.
In our last blog, we gave you two signs that it’s time to have a conversation with your doctor about your pain. We have two more signs for you today!
- Your back pain is accompanied by a fever or loss of weight
- Fever is often a sign of infection. If you are experiencing a fever over 101 degrees, you probably have an infection going on.
- Losing weight is also sign of infection or other serious trouble, because it means your body cannot maintain itself normally.
- Contact your doctor or the specialists at the Spine Institute of North America to learn what is going on.
- You can’t control your bowels or bladder and have trouble with balance
- Contact your doctor immediately if you cannot control your bowels or bladder. Additionally, if your hips feel numb or weak, that is another important fact your doctor needs to know. Go ahead and get into the know on what your body is trying to tell you!
You will know when your back pain is abnormal. The key is to not push it. When your body is telling you something is wrong, have a conversation with a professional. Call us today!