Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
An Effective Treatment Option for Neck Pain Management
If you are suffering from neck pain, a cervical epidural steroid injection could be an effective pain management solution. This procedure involves injecting a steroid into the space around your spinal cord and the nerve roots. The steroid relieves the inflammation and swelling in the neck, shoulders, and arms and helps ease the painful symptoms you are experiencing. This isn’t a permanent cure for neck pain, but the relief patients get from the treatment often allows them to regain enough mobility and range of motion to get back to their daily activities. In many cases, the cervical epidural steroid injection is the first step taking to relieve pain so other treatment options, such as physical therapy, can be utilized. In a few cases, the shot will be enough to reduce their symptoms entirely. About half of our patients report a significant reduction in their neck pain after a steroid injection.
How a Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection Works
This pain management technique works by delivering the steroids directly to the site that’s experiencing pain and inflammation. The steroids may also help to cleanse the area that’s experiencing the pain, getting rid of inflammatory proteins that could be increasing the severity of your symptoms. Once the inflammation is under control, your body’s natural healing process can get to work more effectively.
What are the most common conditions treated with cervical epidural steroid injections?
- Radicular pain in the shoulders neck and arms
- Herniated or bulging cervical discs
- Disc disease – leading to discogenic pain
- Tingling or numbness in the neck, shoulder or arms
- Spinal Stenosis
ARE YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A CERVICAL STEROID INJECTION?
- To see if you are a good candidate for a cervial epidural steroid injection, take our pain evaluation questionnaire and someone from our office will follow-up with you as soon as possible.
- If you already know what you are suffering from and want to make an appointment now click here: