Getting Started & Preparing for your first pain management appointment
- New pain management patient appointments are available within one week of request
- To schedule an appointment, call 609-371-9100 and select Option 2
When calling to schedule your first pain management appointment, please have the following available as we will request this information:
- Name and Date of Birth
- Address and Phone Number
- Referring physician name, address
- Primary care physician name, address
- Medical Insurance and/or Liability insurance information including member and/or claim number(s)
- Other details about your condition
What to bring to your first appointment:
- Photo ID and insurance card(s)
- Referral or prescription slip, if required by your insurance
- All relevant medical records including previous pain management records, conservative treatment records (Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Acupuncture, etc.), MRI, XRAY, CT scans and/or EMG reports (you will need to bring both the films/CD and written reports) and list of current medications
To expedite the process you can fill out our patient forms ahead of time, located here.
What to expect at your first appointment:
Please try to arrive 15 minutes early to your first pain management appointment and call at least 24 hours in advance if you must reschedule. First you will meet a medical assistant who will check your vital signs and obtain any films/CD and/or written records so they may be shared with your provider. Then the Physician and/or Physician Assistant will complete a thorough review of your medical history and physical examination in order to develop your customized treatment plan.
Due to the length of this examination and various other factors, such as insurance authorizations, please do not expect medications or injections during your first visit.